Friday, November 11, 2011

Trials and tribulations

This has been a terrible year for pests, I had green worms that did a lot of damage, as well as grasshoppers. There have been possums rambling through the epi area at night. Also, I have a plant with rust that appears and kills the affected branch within a day or two; the rust keeps spreading despite my best efforts. Tried dusting with cinnamon today, may just have to toss the whole thing. I moved a couple of plants, and broke branches on both, then I noticed "Princess Linda" had a sunburned branch, so had to move it as well, tried hanging a plant on the Bauhinia tree the past week, and today when I watered the plant the branch broke on the tree!! Just one dern pot was too much. Next on the agenda is getting out to Lowe's to get materials to build a lath house, that should be interesting to attempt, hopefully will have better luck this spring with everything. No place for all these plants, most of them are growing like weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment