Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Epiphyllum Garden Blog







This is my garden blog where I will chart the progress of my plants and flowers. And include some garden gnomes too!
Here is the epiphyllum garden today. The year old plants on tables. Huge plant in left foreground is Superchief. Right foreground is my old Argus. Note the cute little garden gnome peering between the branches. The two-layer table is closer to the house with smaller year-old plants.


New cuttings with older plants above.
The older plants...Siegfried, Space Rocket, June Salute, Wonderful One and Waikiki Rainbow
Row of newly started cuttings and that garden gnome in the background again....hehe. There is a bud on Lilluput.
Large old plant with lost tag, I THINK it is London Delight. The longest branch is 41 inches long and still growing....nice, upright growth so no need for a hanging basket....luckily. 
Seed pod London Delight (?) X Waikiki Rainbow
"Reward" and "Vista Gold" hanging in the lemon tree

4 comments:

  1. Just found the blog...so pretty!! I know I'm later to the party, as this was posted in 2010, and it's 2016...but I just bought some starts online and going to try myself at growing some.....do you sell any starts online??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely plants!!! I also just found blog, have two epis had them for a good 10+ years never had names or blooms!They are suppose to be pink and the other red. I currently purchased some cuttings and waiting kinda patiently for their arrival. researched potting media and have all ready will be potting my older plants soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a nice site and when it was active I bet it was even better. San Diego Epiphyllum Society is the only organization that I know of that sells online. We only started doing this because of COVID-19 issues. Last year we were able to fill a number of peoples requests. Our sales only last about two weeks then we run out of products. www.sdepis.org Late may early Jun webmaster@sdepis.org

      Delete